Reporting to the Supervisor of Healthy Lifestyles, you will be responsible for identifying nutrition needs, planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating nutrition promotion and education programs that will provide Peel residents the opportunity to optimize their health and which meet Mandatory Health Programs and Services Guidelines. This involves working within a multidisciplinary team environment, collaborating and negotiating with both internal and external (i.e., school boards, workplaces, restaurants) partners. You will also be providing expert technical nutrition advice to Regional staff, residents of Peel, politicians, professionals, provincial and federal governments through consultations and in-services.
* Masters degree in Applied Science with a specialization in community or public health nutrition
* one to three years experience in public health or community nutrition
* current general registration in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
* an in-depth knowledge of current nutrition science, education theories, behaviour change theory, and health promotion strategies
* demonstrated program planning and evaluation skills
* experience working with diverse communities
* excellent communications (both verbal and written) and organizational skills
* proficient computer skills
* demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
* access to own transportation and willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
Salary range is $49,106 - $66,430 + comprehensive benefits.
Please forward your resume, by May 11, 2001 to
The Regional Municipality of Peel
10 Peel Centre Dr
Fax (905) 791-6118.
You may email your resume as a MSWord document to [email protected]. Please include the job title and file #01-64 in the subject line of your message.
To view other available job opportunities, visit us at http://www.region.peel.on.ca.
The Region of Peel appreciates all responses. However, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.