Part-Time Contract Position
Promoting an Effective Response to Woman Abuse in Ontario Hospitals
HOURS: Contract position is for 3 days per week
DURATION: One year
SALARY: $25 per hour plus 14% in lieu of benefits.
The project is a joint effort of the Woman Abuse Council of Toronto, the Ontario Hospital Association and Education Wife Assault. Project goals include promoting systemic change within Ontario Hospitals respecting the identification and treatment of abused women through the development and promotion of hospital accreditation guidelines and training of health care providers. The Provincial Coordinator will manage the project and co-ordinate developments within the five Ontario Hospital regions. The Coordinator will work closely with the Project Advisory Committee and with committees across the province to ensure the participation of all regions and the successful and timely completion of project objectives.
* Hiring the regional coordinators.
* Conducting a survey of hospitals across Ontario to assess existing policies and resources related to woman abuse identification and intervention and referral.
* Consultation on and update of current Best Practice Guidelines document.
* Co-ordination of and support to Regional Coordinators with respect to provincial focus groups on accreditation guidelines.
* Completing report based on accreditation consensus building and submission to the Canadian Council on Health Services Accreditation.
* Coordination of train-the trainer program for 6 to 7 hospitals in Ontario.
* Support and consultation to hospitals in the development of policies and protocols related to woman abuse in the months following the training.
* Demonstrated work experience in a related field.
* Demonstrated knowledge and sensitivity to woman abuse issues.
* Excellent organizational and communication skills
* Works well independently
* Demonstrated community development skills.
* Computer literate.
* Ability to work with different levels of professionals (front line to senior management).
Please mail or fax your resume by May 18, 2001 to
Woman Abuse Council of Toronto
590 Jarvis Street, 6th Floor
Toronto, ON M4Y 2J4
Fax: (416) 944-9753
We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.