* Full Time
* Reports to Administrative Director and the Medical Director, Mental Health Program
St. Joseph's Women's Health Centre provides high quality feminist counselling, advocacy and group support services that address the broad determinants of women's health. We provide non-medical programmes with a particular expertise in trauma issues that reside at the core of many women's presenting health concerns. Our centre is widely recognized for its client- centred approach and for the multi-disciplinary services we have developed in response to the needs of a culturally and socio-economically diverse population.
The Manager of the Women's Health Centre manages the overall operation of the WHC. The Manager works collaboratively to provide leadership to staff, who share decision making power; she ensures that programs and services reflect the feminist, anti-oppression philosophy and mission of the WHC; is responsible for managing the budgets associated with both core operations and projects; serves as the primary link with the hospital, the Community Advisory Panel, the Ministry of Health and a variety of other funders, and with other partners; she also provides direct service .
1. Demonstrates in-depth experience and understanding of women's health and mental health in a mulitcultural/multiracial context
2. Ability to juggle multiple budgets and projects with a variety of reporting requirements
3. Understands the socio-economic environment factors affecting women's health
4. Understands issues affecting the health of immigrant and refugee populations
5. Demonstrates participatory management experience
6. Shares decision-making with staff for organizational planning and policy development
7. Able to oversee and retain responsibility for a peer model of staff.
8. Possesses extensive experience in front-line services, program planning and evaluation
9. Able to deliver direct service in one or more areas of program
10. A second language would be an asset
11. Masters Degree in Health or Social Sciences
12. Excellent organizational and administrative skills
13. Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
14. Demonstrates ability to work both collaboratively and independently
15. Demonstrates ability to motivate and counsel staff towards common agency goals
16. Excellent attendance record
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to forward their resumes by Friday June 1st, 2001 to
Human Resources Services
St. Joseph's Health Centre
30 The Queensway
Toronto, Ontario M6R 1B5
Tel: (416) 530-6244
Fax: (416) 530-6034
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.