DAWN Canada: DisAbled Women's Network Canada is seeking applications for five positions of Regional Brokers for our DAWNing Opportunities: Transition to Self Employment Project.
DAWN Canada is a national, feminist, pro-choice voice of women with disabilities in Canada and Quebec.
Women with disabilities, feminists, and women from equality seeking women's organizations are encouraged to apply. The position is for a ten-month duration with a salary of $30,000.
The successful applicant will
* Agree with the principles of DAWN Canada being a feminist pro-choice organization.
* Have a post secondary education or equivalent life experiences
* Have a working knowledge of networking and facilitation skills
* Have demonstrated experience leading groups
* Work independently and also in a team. Some travel may be required.
* Have life experiences and knowledge in entrepreneurial skills and self employment
* Bilingualism an asset.
* Computer literacy and experience using the Internet is required.
* Have knowledge of issues and barriers facing women with disabilities
* Have demonstrated communication and public speaking skills
* Have experience in group facilitation and curriculum development
* Knowledge in career development practices an asset
* Knowledge in community development an asset but not required
* Knowledge in Portfolio Development using principles of Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition
Regional Brokers will be responsible for:
* To actively recruit women with disabilities and complete initial intake processes in alignment with government specifications.
* To complete the National BrokerTraining Consultation
* To work on-on-one with project participants to ensure self employment initiatives are implemented
* To liaison with other community experts in the areas of business development and entrepreneurial initiatives.
* To work closely with National Project Co-ordinator to ensure project success
* To facilitate program success with participants through one-on-one consultations and group interventions.
* To provide an opportunity through information exchange around success business development and self-employment initiatives.
* To ensure all regional accounting records are maintained to government specifications.
Project Goals and Objectives
* To assist and be a vehicle to foster self-employment initiatives for women with disabilities across the country.
* To connect women with disabilities within their communities to be meaningful contributors to their perspective community economic development.
* To increase self employment skills for women with disabilities to ensure successful self employment initiatives are secured
* To facilitate and assist in the ongoing support for project entrepreneurs.
* To bridge the gap between dependency on government income programs and employment sustainability.
* To provide transparent opportunities for gainful self-employment amongst program participants through community networks and connections.
* To ensure that each participant actively works towards a goal of employment and self-employment by utilizing their current portfolio, assist in the development of a career portfolio and implement an effective business plan and work activity plan.
* To ensure that 65% of project participants will have either started their own business, obtained employment, or further their career plans at the end of this project
* To utilize the Contact4 Case Management System to maintain government specified record keeping techniques.
* To ensure that each regional site works with at least twenty-five project participants through the duration of the project timelines.
Send applications to
Attention: Kathy Marshall
DAWN Canada: DisAbled Women's Network Canada
P.O. Box 22003 Downtown PO
Brandon, MB R7A 6Y9
Tel: (204) 726-1406
Fax: (204) 726-1409
1-877-450-9476 Toll Free