The Sudbury & District Health Unit has a challenging opportunity available within a teaching health unit environment. The Health Promoter is a staff position under the direction of the appropriate Associate Director/Manager. As an integral member of the Health Promotion Division, the health promoter will plan, develop, implement, and evaluate health promotion practices/programs in order to effectively meet the Mandatory Program and Services Guidelines as well as provide recommendations based on analysis of data and results related to program planning. The health promoter will also provide consultation to staff and community members regarding health promotion theories and best practices as well as develop education and health promotion materials for the community in order to meet program objectives.
* Masters degree in health promotion, behavioural science or a related discipline and experience in health promotion, community mobilization, program planning, implementation and evaluation or
* Baccalaureate degree in health promotion, health sciences or an applied science with two years experience in health promotion, community mobilization, program planning, implementation and evaluation.
* Good communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
* Minimum of two years experience in research and epidemiology, group facilitation techniques and principles of population health and community development, social marketing and media communication strategies
* Familiarity with key theoretical models of health education and health promotion
* Strong analytical skills to interpret and apply data
* Demonstrated computer skills with Microsoft applications e.g,. Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and relevant data bases
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
Resumes should be sent in confidence to
Manager, Human Resources
Sudbury & District Health Unit
1300 Paris Street
Sudbury, ON P3E 3A3
The Sudbury & District Health Unit is an equal opportunity employer and provides a smoke-free environment. All information is collected solely for the purposes of job selection under the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.