Reports to: Central West District Manager
* The Community Development Coordinator will be responsible for the development , recruitment and coordination of volunteers and their duties for the Haldimand, Norfolk and Brantford Branches of the Canadian Diabetes Association (CDA). This position is also responsible for the development and implementation of fund development projects for all three branches.
1. Develop a yearly business plan for volunteer and fund development within each Branch.
2. Develop a multi-level volunteer force, enabling CDA to create a volunteer base strategy for its numerous and diverse projects.
3. Develop job descriptions for all volunteer positions.
4. Recruit, interview, orient and train volunteers for specific programs and duties.
5. Develop and implement volunteer training programs commensurate with the required skills and duties of various projects.
6. Develop and organize the strategies and systems necessary to meet the fund development and service goals of each branch, i.e., corporate partnerships, corporate sponsorships, special events, third party events, residential campaign, information sessions, support groups and depot sites.
7. Coordinate the volunteer recognition process for all branches.
8. Maintain reports on all facets of volunteer development, service and fund development.
9. Other duties as assigned by the District Manager.
* Excellent organizational skills, motivation and ability to delegate.
* Strong written and oral communications with a good command of the English language.
* Experience in a non-profit environment working with volunteers/volunteer Boards.
* Knowledge of principles of volunteer development and fund development.
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Good planning and organizational skills.
* Availability for evening and weekend work.
* Knowledge of computer data systems, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
* Graduate of recognized Volunteer Management Program preferred.
* Post-secondary education or comparable experience desired.
* Experience working in a non-profit organization, prior experience with volunteer development and fund development.
* Branch/Chapter/Community Group volunteers.
* CDA staff at all levels.
* CDA membership.
* General public, business contacts, media, potential volunteer recruits, volunteer agencies, other diabetes care related organizations, suppliers/manufacturers of diabetes related products, other connected non-profit agencies, e.g., Kidney, CNIB, War Amps.
The closing date for this position is June 15th, 2001
Please reply to
Canadian Diabetes Association
1685 Main St. West
Hamilton, ON L8S 1G5
Fax: (905) 528-1263
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
[originally posted at http://www.charityvillage.com.]