For almost 25 years, the Canadian Institute of Child Health has acted as a strong dedicated voice for children, improving their health and well-being. Our many publications and resources on family support, mental well being and child health monitoring to parents and health professionals are some of our products. We are a national, charitable organization with a volunteer Board of Directors, top Canadian advisors in the child health field, and a professional staff.
Reporting to and working closely with the Director of Fund Development, Marketing and Communications, the candidate will work to advance corporate development, fundraising and planned giving activities undertaken by the Institute.
Our fund development program supports a variety of fundraising strategies and special events critical to meeting the health needs of children and youth in Canada.
Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate will have superior writing skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, strong organizational skills, be an energetic team player and possess the ability to handle multiple and competing priorities and deadlines.
Candidates should have 3-5 years experience in fundraising, corporate/foundation development with a national, not-for-profit organization, experience working with volunteers and a thorough understanding of media and public relations. Sound knowledge/understanding of planned giving will be a valuable asset.
* Communications marketing and promotion of the Institute and its programs
* Development of grant proposals, Investment Prospectus and other campaign materials
* Prospect research and development: including new corporate development and fundraising opportunities
* Planning and coordination of an annual campaign
* Donor recognition and stewarding
* Work with the Director, Fund Development to develop communications and public relations strategies to support the Institute's fund development plan
This is a full time position starting immediately; salary commensurate with skills and experience. The successful candidate will work from the Institute's offices in Ottawa.
Please reply in confidence no later than Friday, June 22, 2001 to
Director - Fund Development, Communications and Marketing
Canadian Institute of Child Health
300-384 Bank Street
Ottawa, ON K2P 1Y4
Fax: (613) 230-6654
[Originally posted to http://www.charityvillage.com]