(Queen West Community Health Centre)
CTCHC is a non-profit, community-based health organization committed to improving the health of community members, particularly those at risk for poverty and discrimination. Our multi-disciplinary approach includes the provision of primary health/dental care, counselling, harm reduction, community development, advocacy, and innovative partnerships with other organizations. CTCHC is a leader in the development of inner-city health services: Shout Clinic focuses on the needs of homeless and street involved youth under 25; Queen West focuses on adults, families, and youth in the local area. CTCHC is a pro-choice and gay positive organization committed to employment equity and anti-discrimination. Both our sites feature beautiful downtown facilities and Queen West is fully accessible.
Central Toronto Community Health Centres (CTCHC) seeks a Program Director to provide leadership and supervision to the Harm Reduction and Community Programs Teams at our Queen West site.
* Provide support, leadership and supervision to staff of Harm Reduction and Community Programs Teams;
* Work with staff to monitor trends and to plan and promote innovative and effective services, programs and community development initiatives related to street involved youth and adults, injection drug users, low income families, people at risk for HIV/AIDS, and others;
* Develop and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with local agencies, networks and funders;
* Ensure high quality of programs and services through a variety of quality assurance mechanisms;
* Provide leadership in promoting the organization's anti-discrimination efforts;
* Work with management team and Board Committees to develop and implement organizational directions, policies and procedures;
* Manage budgets, prepare reports and develop proposals for new services.
* Demonstrated ability to provide effective leadership and management, and to work flexibly and effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment;
* Knowledge and experience in the areas of community health, harm reduction, community based programming and community development;
* Knowledge and proficiency in program development, delivery and evaluation;
* Experience in access/equity/anti-discrimination initiatives;
* Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in community and/or health services;
* Master's level degree in human services, health or public administration, or equivalent experience.
Salary range: $48,177 - 58,883 plus generous benefits (includes same-sex spousal benefits).
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in CTCHC's commitment to becoming a discrimination-free health centre and an ability to work interdependently and respectfully in a multi-disciplinary team. Languages other than English are an asset.
Applications from members of racial or cultural minority groups, Aboriginals, people with disabilities, lesbians and gay men are encouraged.
Please send letter of interest and r