Reporting to the Supervisor of Healthy Lifestyles, you will be responsible for identifying nutrition needs, planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating nutrition promotion and education programs that will provide Peel residents the opportunity to optimize their health and which meet Mandatory Health Programs and Services Guidelines. This involves working within a multidisciplinary team environment, collaborating and negotiating with both internal and external (i.e: school boards, workplaces, restaurants)partners. You will also be providing expert technical nutrition advice to Regional staff, residents of Peel, politicians, professionals, provincial and federal governments through consultations and in-services.
* Masters degree in Applied Science with a specialization in community or public health nutrition
* one to three years experience in public health or community nutrition
* current general registration in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
* an in-depth knowledge of current nutrition science, education theories, behaviour change theory, and health promotion strategies
* demonstrated program planning and evaluation skills
* experience working with diverse communities
* excellent communications (both verbal and written)and organizational skills
* proficient computer skills
* demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
* access to own transportation and willingness to
work some evenings and weekends.
Salary range is $49,106 - $66,430 + comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume quoting competition #01-64 by August 10, 2001 to: The Regional Municipality of Peel, Human Resources, 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton, ON, L6T 4B9 or fax it to (905) 791-6118. Visit us at
The Region of Peel appreciates all responses. However, only candidates
under consideration will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.