The Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit is looking for a Health Promoter to work within a Public Health setting.
* To undertake needs assessments and utilize results.
* To plan, facilitate, implement and evaluate programs which meet the requirements and standards identified in the Mandatory Health Programs and Services Guidelines as defined by the Ministry of Health and relating to chronic disease prevention.
* To ensure goals and objectives of the relevant programs are met; research and develop programs/plans that are evidence-based and responsive to community needs; develop health promotion strategies that are based on accurate and up-to-date knowledge of chronic disease prevention; participate as a member of an interdisciplinary team within the Health Unit; maintain and establish linkages in the community as appropriate; develop and utilize appropriate evaluation tools to be used throughout the program
* To assist in the development and/or acquisition of appropriate resources and provide training when/as needed.
* To research and review appropriate resources for potential use within the program
* To develop and modify resources to ensure they reflect sensitivity to County issues.
* To maintain a library of current, accurate and appropriate resources for internal Health Department use and use by other health and education professionals throughout the County.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL:
* University graduation in a related discipline (health studies/sciences), plus over one year, up to and including two years related experience (experience community based, health promotion preferred)or equivalent to the above.
* Well developed oral and written communications skills.
* The ability to use corporate standard computer software and computers.
* Proven time management and motivation skills accompanied with planning and evaluation skills.
* The ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
* A valid Ontario driver's license and have access to a vehicle as travel is required.
Successful incumbent of the position must provide the Employer with a current reference check. This position is a full-time position within the CUPE 4700 employee group.
If you wish to be considered for the position, please provide a copy of your resume by 4:30 pm, August 31, 2001 to:
Human Resources/Staff Development Norfolk County
60 Colborne Street S.,
Fax (519) 426-9876