Situated on beautiful Lake Superior, Thunder Bay is a progressive city and regional centre, moving ahead with the development of a new Hospital and Northern Medical School. A Leader in Public Health Awareness, the Thunder Bay District Health Unit is an essential community health resource for the community's well being and quality of life.
We are seeking a dynamic team leader with a vision and commitment for Public Health. As a member of the Senior Management Team reporting to the Medical Officer of Health, the Director of Nursing and Clinical Services provides overall strategic planning, direction and leadership to a team of five (5) Managers.
In addition to responsibilities typical of this role, key priorities include:
* Responsible for planning, budgeting and implementation of Mandatory Health Programs, Clinical and Special Services.
* Represent Nursing and Clinical Services on various internal and external/provincial committees including local university and college campuses, community agencies and professional organizations.
* Identify professional development needs and approve educational opportunities for individual and program groups.
* Registered Nurse or other Regulated Health Professional with a Masters' Degree in Public Health, Health Administration or other related field.
* Must be in possession of a current certificate of competence or in good standing with the respective provincial professional association.
*Five to seven years experience at a Senior Management level in Public Health
Application Deadline: Friday, September 7, 2001
For more information on this opportunity, or to apply, please contact:
Phelps Staffing Resource Centre
330 Bay St. Suite 510
Toronto, ON M5H 2S8
Ph. (416)364-8418 Fax (416)364-5643