The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS)is the Workplace Health Affiliate partner of the Canadian Health Network (CHN). In this role, CCOHS supports CHN Health Canada and Regional Operating Partners by providing expert advice and responding directly to consumer and health intermediary inquiries on workplace health. CCOHS is part of a distributed network of organizations identifying, developing and selecting workplace health resources for the CHN web site.
The project team consists of a Project Manager, Content Specialist and Information Specialist. The Health Promotion Consultant will work with the project team to engage Canadian organizations involved in workplace health initiatives in developing the Workplace Health Centre of the CHN.
* Enhances and supports the Workplace Health network by reviewing the workplace health information on the CHN web site to determine gaps in coverage in the health promotion/workplace wellness area
* Identifying and recommending organizations which can provide information to fill these gaps or to create new information resources
* Establishing and nurturing relationships with associate partners, particularly in the health promotion/workplace wellness area.
* Engaging in consultation activities within the network
* Promoting CHN to the network
* Contributes expertise in workplace health through writing and updating Frequently Asked Questions for the Workplace Health Centre
* Responding to consumer and health intermediaries requests for information
* Creating content for Health@Work, the e-bulletin for Workplace Health partners and network listserves.
We are seeking individuals with the following qualifications:
* University graduation in health promotion/education with at least one year of related experience in workplace health promotion, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experienced with computers, electronic mail, the Internet, word processing and database programs such as MS Word, MS Access.
* Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated initiative in taking on new projects and multi-tasking in a rapidly changing environment.
* Ability to work in English and French is an asset.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume by September 20, 2001 to the attention of:
Lynn Walker, Human Resources and Compensation Officer,
250 Main Street East,
Hamilton, Ontario L8N 1H6
Please quote File Ref HEALTHPRO
For further information regarding CCOHS please see http://www.ccohs.ca and for further information regarding CHN please see http://www.canadian-health-network.ca/
Salary: Within the range of $46,388.00 to $57,985.00 (CCOHS08)
PLEASE NOTE: This is a one year term position.