The Best Start; Maternal Newborn and Child Health Resource Centre is a key program of the Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse. Best Start Resource is a also member of the Ontario Health Promotion Resource System.
We promote healthy pregnancy, birth outcomes and healthy child development by enhancing community capacity to plan and implement local health promotion programs. We offer training, consultation and information services to community-based health professionals including boards of health, community health centers, health care professionals and other organizations serving families and children.
The Project Coordinator will oversee and coordinate four initiatives to ensure work is completed on time and on budget. The initiatives focus on: fetal alcohol syndrome, breastfeeding and nutrition, socio-economic status and creating a smoke-free environment.
Working closely with the Best Start Manager and staff, the project coordinator will:
* establish and support an advisory committee for each initiative to help guide development and implementation
* develop detailed workplans for each initiative
* coordinate initial implementation
* liaise and coordinate with key provincial and local stakeholders across Ontario including boards of health, community health centres, early years centres, physicians and other health professionals .
* liaise with and coordinate the work of up to 5 external consultants, ensuring deliverables are met, on time and within budget.
* seek ways to integrate the initiatives into the ongoing work of the Resource Centre
* synthesize findings and recommendations for next steps
This is a six to eight month contract (September 2001