The Best Start: Maternal, Newborn and Early Child Development Resource Centre is a key program of the Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse. Best Start Resource is a also member of the Ontario Health Promotion Resource System.
We promote healthy pregnancy, birth outcomes and healthy child development by enhancing community capacity to plan and implement local health promotion programs. We offer training, consultation and information services to community-based health professionals including boards of health, community health centers, health care professionals and other organizations serving families and children.
This is a permanent staff position. Salary commensurate with experience.
* Field initial client inquiries, referring to other staff when appropriate
* Update, maintain and monitor databases
* Assist with the monitoring and tracking of services
* Provide assistance with meeting logistics (committee meetings, conference and workshops)
* Support administrative activities (e.g. preparation/distribution of minutes, reports, workplans, proposals, newsletters)
* Assist with resource dissemination
* Maintain office calendar of deadlines, projects, trainings and meetings.
* General administrative functions (photocopy, file, fax, travel arrangements, etc)
* Community college certificate or equivalent experience plus clerical/technical experience
* Minimum 3 years experience in and administrative capacity, preferably in a non-profit, health promotion or social service environment
* Solid administrative and organizational skills, with a high degree of attention to detail and the ability to work with multiple projects and demand simultaneously
* Strong data entry skills and experience maintaining databases
* Excellent communication and creative problem-solving skills
* Ability to work independently and as integral member of a team
* Customer service experience
* Experience with databases, email, wordprocessing, PowerPoint and intranet software
* Excellent oral and written proficiency in French and English strongly preferred
Interested applicants should submit cover letter and resume by September 24, 2001 at 5 pm to:
Best Start: Maternal, Newborn and Early Child Development Resource Centre
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 1900
Toronto ON M5G 1Z8
We thank all applicants but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. OPC is an equal opportunity employer.