Promotion Plus is a provincially funded non-profit organization that is responsible for increasing the opportunities for girls and women in physical activity and sport. Promotion Plus is seeking a skilled and highly motivated, self-initiating and passionate individual to fill the position of Executive Director. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors through the Co-Chairs of the Board.
The key areas of responsibility for this position include: liaison with the Board of Directors and the provincial ministry; develop and maintain relationships with organizations in the field of sport, physical activity, health and education; volunteer development; financial management, marketing and public relations; and leadership.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
* Post secondary education
* Related work experience with volunteer organizations
* Excellent written and communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Financial development
* Strong organizational, planning and financial management skills
* Demonstrated ability to work with other organizations, volunteers and staff
* Experience in a women-centred environment is an asset
* Experience as executive director is an asset
An understanding of gender equity and girls and women in sport is an asset
Salary range is up to $40,000 plus a benefit package for four days a week. Interested candidates are invited to submit a letter of application and a resume (including salary expectations and three references ) in confidence by September 21 to:
Ms. Sandra Friedman, Co-Chair
#305-1367 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC V6G 1L3
Applications may be submitted by mail, or by fax to 604-738-7175. No e-mail please.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.