Temporary - Approximately one year
Salary Range: $26.65 - $29.82 per hour (35 hrs/week)
* Reporting to the Manager, Healthy Lifestyles, the employee will participate as a member of an interdisciplinary team in delivering the assigned portion of the Healthy Lifestyles Program
* Plans, develops, delivers and evaluates community based nutrition education projects and workshops; supports community initiated food and nutrition programs and selects nutrition education resources and counselling materials
* Consults with and, in select populations, screens, assesses nutritional needs, develops plans for and counsels clients and families on sound food and nutrition practices
* Establishes and maintains liaisons with community groups through project and committee work relevant to the nutritional needs of the community and advocates for programs and policy changes as needed
* Provides training, guidance and support to new staff, lay workers and volunteers to enhance the delivery of food/nutrition programs
* Works with students providing hands on learning experiences
1. Baccalaureate degree in foods and nutrition or equivalent program from a recognized university.
2. Completion of an accredited dietetic internship (concentration D preferred) or equivalent experience.
3. Registration by the College of Dietitians of Ontario.
4. Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
5. Excellent skills in counselling, group facilitation, education and community development.
6. Experience working with a variety of groups in a culturally diverse community.
7. Capability of assuming responsibility with a minimum of supervision, and ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
* Applicants are required to demonstrate in their applications, that their qualifications for the position match those specified. The assessment may include a suitability interview, written and/or practical test.
* This position involves travel to various sites within the assigned regions. In some locations, access to a vehicle is required.
* If you are waiting for the results of your membership to the College of Dietitians of Ontario exams, please submit a resume. We will keep your resume on file for six months until you inform us of your membership status.
How to apply for this opportunity: Interested candidates should mail their resume and cover letter quoting File # X1-CNS7951 by Monday October 22, 2001 to
Employment Services, Human Resources
Metro Hall, 5th Floor, 55 John Street
Toronto, Ontario M5V 3C6
Fax: (416) 397-9818
Committed to employment equity the City of Toronto encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, racial minorities, and women.