The OHPRS Intranet Facilitator supports, develops and coordinates the technological capacity of the Ontario Health Promotion Resource System (OHPRS, http://www.ohprs.ca), ensuring online communication using Livelink Intranet and other tools, and providing guidance and training support to system members. This position is based at the Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse (OPC).
Time Commitment: 9 month maternity leave contract, full time (35 hours per week) through August 2002.
* Support collaborative working arrangements among system members; and facilitate their use of the Livelink Intranet and other tools for communication and production
* Provide guidance and appropriate resources to enable system members to access and effectively use technology to support collaborative work
* Administer, maintain, and troubleshoot the Livelink Intranet and OHPRS website
* Facilitate discussions on the Intranet and using other online tools as appropriate
* Facilitate content development on the Intranet and other online tools (e.g., the OHPRS Events Calendar)
* Develop rules and guidelines for participation in the Livelink Intranet and other online tools
* Conduct technology-related on- and off-site troubleshooting, consultation, support and training as required.
* Assist with the synthesis and integration of system-wide data (e.g. quarterly reports)
* Provide expertise and advice to OHPRS committees as appropriate
* Participate in OHPRS communications activities and initiatives as appropriate
* Work with OPC information system team members, third-party vendors and business partners as required to support system effort
* Provide backup support as required to OPC IT staff
* Provide relevant feedback from system members and community programs to OHPRS staff, members, committees, and the Ministry
* Maintain an awareness of current tools and trends in technology, and make recommendations to the OHPRS where relevant
* Other duties as appropriate
The OHPRS Intranet Facilitator will possess
* Strong understanding of community health promotion organizations and activities in Ontario
* Strong communication skills including group work and facilitation and oral and written presentations
* Demonstrated experience with online facilitation in electronic conferences or listservs, Intranets, and electronic communication and its capacity to support collaborative work
* Broad familiarity with current computer and Internet technologies, including networks, current office productivity applications, software, repairs, troubleshooting and hardware upgrading
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team with multiple accountabilities
* Experience in handling emerging issues with diplomacy and confidentiality
* University degree in health promotion, social sciences or related field
* Three years relevant work experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
* Oral and written communication skills in French.
* Knowledge of or experience with Livelink Intranet (http://www.opentext.com/livelink)
* Experience maintaining a Windows NT web server
Salary Range: $40,000 - $44,000 per annum (prorated), plus benefits
Work Location: The OHPRS Facilitator is based in Toronto. With prior arrangement, some work could be done from the contractor's home office. Some travel within the Windsor/Ottawa corridor may be required.
Interested? Please address your resume and cover letter to the
OHPRS Intranet Facilitator Hiring Committee
Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 1900
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1Z8
Fax: (416) 408-2122
firstname.lastname@example.org (plain text, Word, WordPerfect, or PDF versions only please)
The deadline for applications is Thursday October 25, 2001.