24.5 hrs/wk. (0.7 fte), starting March 18, 2002
Carlington Community and Health Services is a community health centre located in the west end of Ottawa providing health and social services to a community with diverse ethnic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds including individual families on very low income, many newcomers, and many people with long term mental health problems living in boarding homes in our area. The family physician works as part of our Primary Health Care team, which includes numerous Allied Health Professionals. Requirements for this position include:
* Sensitivity to the needs of the disadvantaged
* Excellent clinical skills and team skills
* Interest and experience in working:
* in community health settings
* with nurses in an expanded role
* as part of a multi-disciplinary team
* with disadvantaged groups
* with multicultural populations
* with clients with long-term psychiatric problems
* Interest in exploring innovative service delivery approaches.
* Bilingualism preferred. Knowledge of another language an asset.
Salary range: $85,157 to $117,774 (prorated to 0.7 FTE) and on-call allowance.
Please submit a cover letter expressing how your qualifications match the requirements listed above along with your resume by 4:00 p.m. Thursday, December 13, 2001 to
Manager, Human Resources & Administration
Carlington Community & Health Services
900 Merivale Rd.
Ottawa, ON K1Z 5Z8
Fax: (613) 761-1805
The Centre is committed to employment equity.