The Canadian Cancer Society is a national, community-based organization of volunteers whose mission is the eradication of cancer and the enhancement of the quality of life of people living with cancer. The Canadian Cancer Society, in partnership with the National Cancer Institute of Canada, achieves its mission through research, education, patient services and advocacy for healthy public policy. These efforts are supported by volunteers and staff and funds raised in communities across Canada. The Society aims for results, is committed to best practices and values learning and the continuous improvement of all of its efforts. The Society has adopted an approach to planning which will be dynamic, will focus and integrate effort, will allocate resources and will track and communicate progress.
Location: National Office, Yonge/Summerhill, Toronto
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Purpose of the Position
To manage CCS integrated planning and support its development, implementation and ongoing evaluation and serve as a planning resource to divisions.
* Serve as planning resource to, and support the Executive Management Team in, the implementation of integrated planning
* Support the development and implementation of a system to monitor progress on national outcomes
* Assess, create, and support the implementation of a plan to address learning and capacity building needs with respect to planning
* Plan, prepare, and facilitate planning workshops for National Office, Executive Management Team, and Divisions as requested
* Develop an annual planning cycle in consultation with the Executive Management Team
* Manage the national operations planning process
* In consultation with senior national staff confirm that effective mechanisms are in place to ensure that planning is appropriately informed through internal and external scanning and through dialogue on strategic issues
* Develop and communicate background information that is required for effective planning
* Evaluate and continuously improve integrated planning.
* Solid theoretical and practical knowledge of planning approaches, systems and processes
* Several years' experience in planning, evaluation and training within a complex environment
* Effective interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills
* Knowledge and experience with adult learning approaches and training
* A results oriented, yet pragmatic and adaptive, style
* French language skills
* Computer literacy, including use of Microsoft Office
* Internal: Senior National Staff, Executive Management Team, vision planning staff, Centre for Behavioural Research and Program Evaluation
* External: Planning and performance monitoring resources/personnel (for purposes of benchmarking and identification of best practices)
The position is based in Toronto. Regular travel to the ten provincial CCS divisions is required.
Send your application, by November 16, 2001, quoting Position Number CCS-01-02 to
Ms. W. Stoddart
Manager, Human Resources
Canadian Cancer Society
10 Alcorn Avenue, Suite 200
Toronto, Ontario M4V 3B1
Fax: (416) 961-4189 Email: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
[Source: Charity Villlage]