The Safe Communities Foundation (SCF) has an opening for a part-time Regional Coordinator for the Western Ontario region commencing November 26, 2001. This is a 6-days-a-month contract position. A job description is inlcuded below. The candidate should reside in or close to one of our South Western Ontario Regional Communities. (See the Safe Communities website at http://www.safecommunities.ca for more information.)
Interested applicants should forward a resume, including three references, to
SCF Program Director
Fax (416) 964-0089
If you would like more information please call Donna Russett at (416) 964-8993. Applications will be accepted until Friday, November 16, 2001.
Safe Communities Foundation Regional Coordinator Roles
* serve as the voice of the Safe Communities Foundation
* support Safe Communities by providing them with resources, guidelines, and support tools such as the "The Safe Communities Guidebook"
* assist communities in reviewing community business plans, beginning with the initial draft, and providing written feedback, and coordinate information to share with communities
* submit regular written updates on activities in new and existing communities
* Promotional: After key players have bought into a collaborative model of injury prevention, coordinator will visit the community to present the mandate and vision of Safe Communities Foundation and answer questions.
* Launch: Upon approval of a community's application to become a designated Safe Community, the coordinator will assist the community in planning the celebratory launch
* Issues: The coordinator will assist communities in developing strategies to resolve issues during the application and implementation stages.
* Support Role Regional Meetings: Provide opportunities for communities to meet/talk/share within the region at least 3 times a year.
* Regular Contacts: Ask communities about their progress and remind them to celebrate their successes.
* Liaison: Provide communities with the contact names of other communities that are implementing similar programs or direct them to existing resources that are available.
* Communicate: Act as the communication link for the Safe Communities Foundation and the safe communities.
Skills should include
* Community Development
* Conflict Resolution
* Project Management
* Good communication and presentation skills
* Multi-task oriented
Regional Coordinator Job Description
Contracted services to be provided will include the following:
* participatory assessment of strengths and challenges of existing and developing Safe Communities assigned to the region
* collaborative planning for actions which will assist communities and SCF in reaching defined goals
* communication between regional Safe Communities and the SCF coordination of regional communications, strategic planning and activities
* travel to communities to attend meetings and special events
Performance Indicators for this contract include the following:
* Build momentum of Safe Communities movement by bringing forward new regional community applications.
* Maintain ongoing communications and support of existing Safe Communities within the region.
* Provide feedback to new and existing communities on business plans and summary reports.
* Offer regional Safe Communities the opportunity to network a minimum of 3 times per year.
* Submit regular reports about regional communities to SCF.
* Maintain a current contact list for regional Safe Communities.
* Connect face-to-face with regional Safe Communities at least once a year.
* Assist in the development of partnerships to support Safe Communities.
* Maintain regular and timely communications with SCF.
* Participate in the planning and implementation of the annual SCF conference.
* Carry out other activities as required to support the work of the SCF.