Salary Range: $22.14 - $30.63 per hour
Note: We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted
Bachelor of Science in Nursing which includes the preparation in Public Health Nursing..OR..Registered Nurse with a Certificate in Public Health Nursing from a recognized University required. Holds a current Certificate of Competence from College of Nurses of Ontario. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge and experience in the areas of program planning, healthy public policy and community development in a public health or community health setting. Experience developing, implementing and evaluating project plans. Knowledge and practical experience in addressing the health issues of youth, including risky behaviours. The candidate will have the skills to build community and school relationships and coalitions. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are required. Knowledge of the Oakville community would be an asset. Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office software products. Must have a valid drivers license and supply own transportation.
* Areas of service are within the Liaison Public Health Program with an emphasis on developing community partnerships to address youth issues in Oakville.
* Collaborates with Health Department programs to co-ordinate and implement services to the school community in Oakville, e.g., Quit Smoking Contest, Party in the Right Spirit.
* Provides consultation to internal and external groups and individuals relating to health promotion strategies, especially policy development, community development and community mobilization.
* Assists in the development of a comprehensive program to address the key health issues of youth, including the use of tobacco, alcohol and drugs, unsafe sexual practices, mental health and the prevention of violence and injuries.
* Represents the Health department on community and corporate committees, e,g., Oakville Youth Development Centre, Oakville International Youth Week Committee.
* The nurse will work in office and community settings involving individuals, families and groups, therefore requiring extensive travel daily.
* Functioning as a member of a team, the nurse will be expected to keep accurate health records and statistical information as well as to assist in other team projects.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Posted: November 5, 2001
Posting Expires: November 26, 2001
Apply To: Posting # H-251
NOTE: Personal information collected from applications is collected under the authority of the Regional Municipality of Halton Act, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about this collection of information should be directed to Human Resource Services.
Human Resource Services
Regional Municipality of Halton
1151 Bronte Road
Oakville, ON L6M 3L1