The Four Villages Community Health Centre, located in the Bloor-Keele area of West Toronto, is a health centre funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care. Our mandate is to promote increased access to health and wellness for our communities within the context of the broader determinants of health. Our wide range of programs, as well as our clinical, general health and social services, is primarily aimed at seniors, families with young children and adolescents, those living with chronic illness and disability, newcomers, and isolated individuals. Staff collaborate in a team-based environment; the focus is on the client and capacity building.
We are currently looking for an experienced Community Health Outreach Worker (0.4 contract until March 31, 2002).
The successful candidate will support the team in reaching out to families and seniors who face barriers in accessing health and wellness, will assist in developing and implementing accessible programs, and will develop an outreach plan for the Centre.
Qualifications and experience required for the position
* Degree/Diploma in a health or social science discipline or a combination of education and significant experience in health promotion and/or community development
* Experience in community outreach and development, and/or community health promotion
* Three to five years experience in community based program planning, implementation and evaluation
* Experience working with one or both priority groups (families, seniors)
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment, as well as ability to take initiative and work independently
* Success in partnership development
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated computer literacy
* Fluency in English and an Eastern European language is an asset for this position
Salary range: annual salary $41,754 prorated to the number of hours worked
Please forward your resume and cover letter by December 12, 2001 to
Programs and Services Coordinator
The Four Villages Community Health Centre
1700 Bloor Street West
Toronto, ON M6P 4C3
We thank all the applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Four Villages Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from individuals who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve.