The Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit has a challenging opportunity available for a Health Promoter. You will work as a valued member of an interdisciplinary team addressing chronic disease prevention in the community. We need your diverse skills to
* undertake needs assessments and utilize results;
* plan, facilitate, implement and evaluate programs which meet the requirements and standards identified in the Mandatory Health Programs and Services Guidelines as defined by the Ministry of Health and relating to chronic disease prevention;
* ensure goals and objectives of the relevant programs are met, research and develop programs/plans that are evidence-based and responsive to community needs, develop health promotion strategies that are based on accurate and up-to-date knowledge of chronic disease prevention;
* participate as a member of an interdisciplinary team within the Health Unit;
* maintain and establish linkages in the community as appropriate, develop and utilize appropriate evaluation tools to be used throughout the program;
* assist in the development and/or acquisition of appropriate resources and provide training when/as needed;
* develop and modify resources to ensure they reflect sensitivity to County issues; and
* maintain a library of current, accurate and appropriate resources for internal Health Department use and use by other health and education professionals throughout the County.
Knowledge & Skill
University graduation in a related discipline (health studies/sciences), plus over one year, up to and including two years related experience (experience community based, health promotion preferred) or equivalent to the above.
* well developed oral and written communications skills;
* the ability to use corporate standard computer software and computers;
* proven time management and motivation skills accompanied with;
planning and evaluation skills;
* the ability to work independently or as a member of a team; and
* a valid Ontario driver's license and have access to a vehicle as travel is required.
Status: Permanent Full - time
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume in confidence to the Human Resources/Staff Development Department by 4:30 p m. on December 17, 2001 to
60 Colborne Street, S.
Simcoe, ON N3Y 4H3
Fax (519) 426-9876
[email protected] (electronic attachments in Microsoft word please)
Only those to be interviewed will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. As per current legislation, if it is determined that those employees with priority placement status are suitable for this job before a selection decision has been made, this competition may be cancelled.