Working from a home office
Contract, part time - 4 days a month
Closing Date: December 14, 2001 (by 5:00pm)
Start Date: January 2nd 2002
Contact: Donna Russett for further information
Tel: (416) 964-8993
The Safe Communities Foundation (SCF) invites applications for the position of Regional Coordinator. Reporting to the Program Director, this position acts as the liaison between SCF and communities in the region, providing ongoing support to both existing and developing Safe Communities.
* Provide communities with resources, guidelines and support tools
* Review community business plans and reports and provide written feedback
* Coordinate and share information with communities and SCF
* Present information sessions about the SCF
* Assist communities in developing strategies to resolve issues
* Provide networking opportunities for communities to share experiences
* Represent SCF at conferences and community events
* Maintain regular contact with communities and SCF
* Submit regular written updates to SCF on activities and issues in new and existing communities
* Assist in the coordination and planning of SCF annual conference
* Limited travel to communities to attend meetings and special events
* Maintain excellent communications and customer service
* Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the ongoing sustainability of SCF and safe communities network
Skills and Experience
* Community Development
* Conflict Resolution
* Project Management
* Excellent and oral and written communications
* Good facilitation and presentation skills
* Familiarity with office computer applications
* Multi-task oriented
The candidate must reside in or near one of the designated communities in the region*, have a home office equipped with telephone answering machine, computer, printer, fax, and email, and hold a valid driver's license with access to a car.
Term And Compensation
*Renewable contract period will terminate on March 31 of each year.
*The contracted rate for services will be $175 per day (minimum 7 hours) or $25.00 per hour (for partial days). This rate will include all administrative expenses incurred in maintaining a home office.
* Expenses that will be billed to SCF include conference calls, long distance phone calls, external printing, and reasonable travel expenses (including fares, lodging, meals, mileage at $0.35 per km., or daily car rental for longer distances).
Submit applications including 3 references to
Safe Communities Foundation
Tel: (416) 964-8993
Fax: (416) 964-0089
For further information please visit the SCF website at http://www.safecommunities.ca.
* Region includes Barrie, Owen Sound, Orillia, Muskoka