Cancer Care Ontario operates nine regional cancer centres in Ontario, with several new centres scheduled to open between 2002 and 2005. Our work includes programs in cancer prevention, screening, treatment (medical, surgical and radiation), supportive care, research, education and the development of treatment guidelines.
Cancer Care Ontario is the province's leader in the integration and coordination of cancer control services, and the Ministry of Health and Long-term Care's principal adviser on cancer issues.
The Ontario Cervical Screening Program is currently seeking a full-time Health Promotion Specialist for our Provincial office located in Toronto, Ontario.
We are seeking an experienced health promotion specialist to develop, implement and evaluate health promotion activities for the Ontario Cervical Screening Program. The successful candidate will develop best practice approaches for recruitment of women in the province and develop province-wide social marketing campaigns targeting under-screened women. Collaboration and liaison with stakeholders across the province, including women, public health, family physicians, nurse practitioners and community health centres, are vital.
* Master's degree in health promotion, marketing, public health education, or related discipline, coupled with a minimum of 5 years related experience is required.
* You have proven experience in social marketing, media, public relations and health education.
* The ability to work independently is essential, as are creativity and expertise in writing and developing materials for both professional and lay audiences.
* Your superb collaborative, interpersonal and communication skills are coupled with the ability to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders to achieve objectives and manage issues.
* Excellent organizational abilities, an understanding of research methodology and skills in proposal development round out your qualifications.
Interested applicants should send their resume, by December 21, 2001 to
Manager, Ontario Cervical Screening Program
Cancer Care Ontario
620 University Avenue, 11th Floor
Toronto, ON M5G 2L7
Fax: (416) 217-1243
We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.