The Ontario Physical and Health Education Association (OPHEA) is a dynamic, project-based not-for-profit organization. OPHEA exists to positively influence the lifestyles of Ontario's children and youth through the provision of quality leadership, advocacy and resources in the area of physical and health education. OPHEA's network of clients involves various individuals who work with children and youth including elementary and secondary school teachers, public health professionals, recreation leaders and child care educators. OPHEA works closely with provincial government ministries, corporations, and not-for-profit organizations.
OPHEA is looking for a Projects Leader who will be responsible for leading a portfolio of initiatives within the Projects and Public Affairs Department of OPHEA. The candidate will be a dynamic, task-oriented individual with strong coordination and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability for multi-tasking and project management.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Lead the planning, execution and reporting on the project elements within the portfolio
* Provide administrative support for various project initiatives
* Plan, monitor and maintain budgets specific to projects within the portfolio
* Coordinate communications specific to projects within the portfolio
* Liaise with staff, volunteers, clients, funders, suppliers and partners
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
* Post-secondary education in the area of education, health, recreation, or related discipline
* Must have 3 years work experience in health promotion, recreation or education related field, knowledge and experience in the area of curriculum is an asset
* Excellent organizational and administrative skills, must have experience managing multiple projects and tasks
* Experience in the coordination and management of events
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, bilingualism an asset
* Familiar with the operation of not-for-profit organizations
* Understanding of marketing and public relations
* Experience in developing, monitoring and reporting on activity plans and budgets
* Experience with Microsoft Office and database management, knowledge of web based technology a valuable asset
* Self-starter and superior ability to work independently and as both a team leader and team participant
The selected candidate will work closely with all OPHEA staff, reporting to the Manager of Projects & Public Affairs. This is a full time position and the salary will be competitive and negotiable depending on experience.
Please note: Selected candidates will be expected to complete a pre-interview exercise prior to being selected for an interview.
Submit resumes, in confidence, no later than December 21, 2001 to
Manager of Projects and Public Affairs
Ontario Physical and Health Education Association (OPHEA)
1185 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 501
Toronto, Ontario M3C 3C6
Fax: (416) 426-7373