The Ontario Physical and Health Education Association (OPHEA) is a dynamic, project-based not-for-profit organization. OPHEA exists to positively influence the lifestyles of Ontario's children and youth through the provision of quality leadership, advocacy and resources in the area of physical and health education. OPHEA's network of clients involves various individuals who work with children and youth including elementary and secondary school teachers, public health professionals, recreation leaders and child care educators. OPHEA works closely with Provincial government ministries, corporations, and not-for-profit organizations.
OPHEA is looking for a Research Analyst to oversee all research and evaluation activities at both a program and organizational level. This position is integral to the work of the organization and has a role to play in almost all initiatives managed by the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Management of both strategic and program level research and evaluation
* Management and supervision of all elements involved in the completion of research and evaluation tasks, including working with suppliers, students or other research partners
* Develop and support the planning, implementation and reporting of all program and organizational evaluation
* Oversee the gathering and communication of current research trends and issues as relevant to the organization's mandate
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
* Must have experience in program evaluation and reporting
* Must have strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple initiatives
* Self-starter and superior ability to work independently and as both a team leader and team participant
* Experience in the supervision of others as part of the research and evaluation process
* Experience with Microsoft Office as well as statistical software, knowledge of web based technology a valuable asset
* Demonstrated ability to take initiative and leadership in managing the research process
* 2-3 years experience working in a research capacity in the health promotion or education field
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal, bilingualism an asset
* Experience in writing research related proposals and grant applications an asset
* Budget management an asset
The selected candidate will work closely with all OPHEA staff, reporting to the Manager of Projects & Public Affairs. This is a full time position and the salary will be competitive and negotiable depending on experience.
Please note: Selected candidates will be expected to complete a pre-interview exercise prior to being selected for an interview.
Submit resumes, in confidence, no later than December 21, 2001 to
Manager of Projects and Public Affairs
Ontario Physical and Health Education Association (OPHEA)
1185 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 501
Toronto, Ontario M3C 3C6
Fax: (416) 426-7373