The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit requires a Full-time, Permanent Tobacco Coordinator, in the Brockville Office, starting as soon as possible.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Director of Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention Services, the Tobacco Coordinator will participate as part of an interdisciplinary team in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the tobacco-free living component of the Mandatory Programs and Services Guidelines, and the Health Unit Tobacco Strategic Plan.
QUALIFICATIONS: - Baccalaureate degree in a health-related discipline (health studies/sciences) plus two years related experience (community-based, health promotion preferred);
- Current professional certification as appropriate;
- Needs assessment, program planning and evaluation skills;
- Expertise in tobacco use prevention, protection and cessation strategies;
- Demonstrated skills in group facilitation, community mobilization, social marketing, healthy public policy development, use of research, adult education and behaviour change theory;
- Excellent written, analytical, organizational and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated initiative and good decision making skills;
- Ability to use corporate standard computer software and computers:
- Proven time management and motivation skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- This position requires a valid driver's license and proof of it is required after hire;
- A car is required for this position.
SALARY: To be commensurate with education and experience, excellent benefit package
Resumes must be received by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, January 4, 2002, send to:
Director, Corporate Services
Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit
458 Laurier Blvd.
Brockville, ON K6V 7A3
An equal opportunity employer
We offer a smoke free environment