Queen West Site, 168 Bathurst Street
Part time position available
Central Toronto Community Health Centres is a non-profit community-based health organization committed to improving the health of community members, particularly those at risk for poverty and discrimination. Our multi-disciplinary approach includes the provision of primary health/dental care, counselling, harm reduction, community development, advocacy and innovative partnerships with other organizations. CTCHC is a pro-choice and gay positive organization committed to employment equity and anti-discrimination.
We currently have an opportunity for a bilingual Community Health Worker (Portuguese/English) to join an interagency team delivering a Perinatal Support Program in the downtown area. This is a part time position (0.5 FTE) at our Queen West site.
As a Community Health Worker you will be responsible for providing
* individual support to pregnant women and new mothers,
* community outreach,
* crisis intervention,
* referral to primary health care providers, and
* group activities to pregnant women and new mothers.
* Knowledge of early childhood development
* Experience providing support to parents
* Experience working with women from diverse communities and backgrounds
* Demonstrated ability to work in a community health setting with a multi-disciplinary team
* Knowledge and awareness of issues related to homelessness, immigration, mental health, poverty and discrimination
* Knowledge of the Portuguese speaking communities
* Verbal and written fluency in Portuguese and English
* Bachelor's degree in social work, or equivalent
Salary range: $37,471- $47,106 (pro-rated) plus benefits
Applications are encouraged from qualified members of groups traditionally under-represented in the workplace.
Please send a letter of interest and resume, quoting Job #QW14 by Feb. 8, 2002 to
Hiring Committee, Central Toronto CHC
168 Bathurst Street
Toronto, ON M5V 2R4
Fax: (416) 703-7832