Part-time (0.8 FTE)
Carlington Community and Health Services (CCHS) is a community health centre located in the west end of Ottawa. The Woman Abuse Counsellor provides counselling services to francophone and anglophone women who have experienced abuse.
* Master's degree in Social Work from a recognized university, or acceptable equivalent.
* Membership or eligibility for membership in the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
* Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in current assessment approaches, and feminist group and individual counselling techniques in working with abused women.
* Familiarity with community development approaches to social work practice.
* Experience counselling victims of assault.
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of resources in the francophone and anglophone communities
* Familiarity with the francophone and anglophone service provider networks.
* Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community-based health care and social services.
* Ability to work effectively as a team player in a multi-disciplinary environment.
* Ability to deal effectively with crisis situations.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Proficiency working in a computerized environment, including experience with Windows-based programs.
* Fluency in French and English required, a third language is an asset.
Salary $25.73 - $28.37 / hour + benefits (pro-rated)
Applicants will not be considered unless they include with their resume a 1- to 3-page attachment (point form) that clearly demonstrates how their previous skills and experience corresponds to each of the above qualifications.
Send applications, by 4:00 p.m., Monday, March 11, 2002, to
"Woman Abuse Counsellor"
Carlington Community & Health Services
900 Merivale Rd.
Ottawa, ON K1Z 5Z8
Fax: (613) 761-1805
We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Centre is committed to employment equity.