Carlington Community and Health Services (CCHS) is a community health centre located in the west end of Ottawa. The Crisis Intake Worker provides crisis intervention, information, advocacy and referral, in both English and French, for residents of the CCHS client service area who contact the Centre for help.
* Post-secondary degree or college diploma from a relevant field
* Two to four years experience in a community-based social services organization
* Two years experience working with people in low-income and high risk groups as either a paid staff or a volunteer
* Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in current assessment, referral and crisis intervention techniques.
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of the network of community resources in the Ottawa area, in particular income-maintenance legislation and services
* Proven crisis management skills
* Knowledge of CCHS client service area
* Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
* Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community-based healh care and social services, and feminist philosophy and practices
* Familiarity in working in a computerized environment, including experience with Windows-based programs
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Bilingualism (fluency in French and English) required, a third language is an asset
Salary: $20.27 - $25.54 per hour + benefits
Applicants will not be considered unless they include with their resume a 1- to 3-page attachment (point form) that clearly demonstrates how their previous skills and experience corresponds to each of the above qualifications.
Send applications, by 4:00 p.m. Monday, March 11, 2002, to
"Crisis Intake Worker"
Carlington Community & Health Services
900 Merivale Rd.
Ottawa, ON K1Z 5Z8
Fax: (613) 761-1805
We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.