The Canadian Tobacco Control Research Initiative is a collaboration of Canadian agencies working to stimulate research and its application in tobacco control policies and programs. Currently, the CTCRI has one ongoing and several discrete projects for which expert project management is needed. The work falls into three areas:
* management of a national working group focused on evaluation of tobacco control programs,
* evaluation of CTCRI research programs and grants, and
* review of tobacco control studies published by Canadians and collection of information on funded tobacco research.
Interested applicants should possess the following:
* a solid knowledge of tobacco control (policies and practices) in Canada;
* an understanding of health behaviour and population health research and of research issues specific to tobacco control;
* a high level of understanding of surveillance and evaluation methods;
* the ability to conduct literature searches and surveys, knowledge of where and how to locate relevant information; and
* the capacity to work from own location.
Applications will consist of resume/CV and cover letter, indicating whether applicant is interested in some or all of the work described.
The deadline for letters of intent is Friday September 25th, 2002.
Canadian Tobacco Control Research Initiative
10 Alcorn Avenue, Suite 200
Toronto, ON M4V 3B1
Tel. (416) 934-5653
Fax. (416) 961-7-4189
Thank you for your interest in the CTCRI.