Contract Staff Position: This project will involve four full days per week between October 7th, 2002, and March 31st, 2003, and the coordinator will report to the Manager of the Nutrition Resource Centre.
Overall purpose of position: To coordinate the development of a provincial healthy weights toolkit. This initiative will support creating consistent branding and messages for local social marketing initiatives directed to women aged 25-45 across the province.
* Develop a consultation and communications strategy to engage key stakeholders across the province in addressing the issue of healthy weights
* Seek input and build consensus for messaging related to the promotion of healthy weights by coordinating a provincial consultation based on a best practices approach to social marketing
* Coordinate the tendering for creative branding of a Healthy Weights Toolkit for the development of local social marketing campaigns and support materials
* Oversee the development and production of the toolkit, including formative testing in selected sites across Ontario
* Prepare various reports as required and a final summary report
* Demonstrated strong project management skills
* Must be a team player but also able to work independently with minimal supervision
* Highly developed facilitation and problem-solving skills
* Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
* Experience working with local, provincial and/or public non-governmental partners and multi-stakeholder committees to achieve collaborative outcomes
* Demonstrated ability to work in multidisciplinary staff teams
* Experience supervising/monitoring the work of external consultants to ensure deliverables and timelines are respected
* Strong knowledge of and experience developing, testing and disseminating nutrition messages, preferably with a provincial scope would be an asset
* Considerable knowledge of chronic disease prevention and nutrition
A project summary can be obtained by emailing [email protected].
Applicants should submit the following documents:
* a current curriculum vita(e),
* a letter outlining relevant work experience, and
* a list of references that can be contacted to discuss the applicant's experience as a nutrition consultant/project coordinator.
Applications should be sent to
Attention: Ms. Colleen Logue MHSc., RD
Manager, Nutrition Resource Centre
re: NRC Healthy Weights Coordinator
Ontario Public Health Association
468 Queen St. East, Suite 202
Toronto, ON M5A 1T7
Tel: (416) 367-3313 x225 1-800-267-6817 (outside Toronto)
Fax: (416) 367-2844
The application deadline is 5:00 p.m. on October 4, 2002.