Application Deadline: 10/14/2002
Women's Community House (WCH) is a leading edge, not-for-profit organization operating within a feminist model. WCH is dedicated to meeting the needs of abused women and children by offering shelter, second stage housing, helplines, programs and prevention activities.
WCH is seeking a dynamic individual to oversee and coordinate the development and production of fundraising communication tools as well as the planning and coordinating of community relations and activities and programs to enable WCH to reach its targeted fundraising goals.
This position is permanent part-time working 20 hours per week.
The ideal candidate will have
* a post secondary degree in fundraising, communications or business
* a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the social services or related field
* a strong feminist conviction
* excellent public speaking skills
* demonstrated writing skills
* strong network of community contacts
* a passion for assisting women and children who are experiencing abuse
* the ability to embrace and flourish within a diverse and welcoming environment
* strong technology skills
* experience planning/organizing community events and programs
* expertise in handling all aspects of a direct mail campaign
* demonstrated ability in all aspects of publications
WCH welcomes applications from diverse candidates and offers an exceptional benefits package.
Resumes should be received in confidence no later than October 14, 2002 to
Women's Community House
101 Wellington Road
London, Ontario N6C 4M7.
Fax: (519) 642-3002.