Our health department is currently looking for a Health Promotion Officer. As an integral member of the Child and Reproductive Health Program, you will play a critical role in planning, implementing and evaluating health promotion practices/programs to effectively meet the Mandatory Program and Service Guidelines.
In addition, you will provide recommendations based on the analysis of data and results related to program planning. You will also provide consultation to staff and community members regarding health-promotion theories and best practices, as well as develop education and health-promotion materials to meet program objectives.
* university degree in health promotion or related health field combined with one to three years related experience in program development, implementation and evaluation;
* knowledge of the Mandatory Program and Service Guidelines in the area of child and reproductive health;
* familiarity with key theoretical models of health education and health promotion
* strong analytical skills to interpret and apply data;
* excellent social marketing and public relations skills to effectively promote key child and reproductive health messages;
* knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Projects or Microsoft Outlook would be considered an asset; and
* access to own transportation and willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
The salary range is from $44,149 to $59,745 plus comprehensive benefits.
To pursue this attractive opportunity in an organization that values a supportive and respectful work environment, teamwork, effective communication, integrity and quality service, please forward your resume, quoting File #03-108, by April 15th, 2003, to
The Regional Municipality of Peel
10 Peel Centre Drive
Brampton, ON L6T 4B9
Fax: (905) 791-6118
You may email your resume, as a Word document, to email@example.com. Please include the job title and/or file number in the subject line of your message.
We are an equal opportunity employer. The Region of Peel appreciates all responses; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.