Full-time contract, maternity leave, starting October 29, 2003, for one year
South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service centre that provides primary health care, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion to residents of Riverdale and South East Toronto.
This is a management position. As a member of the management team you will manage projects and staff.
* Directs and manages the work of Family Health Projects including Early Years Program and Asthma project
* Supervises staff working on family health initiatives
* Participates in the Centre's management team with Executive Director and other senior managers
* Assists in strategic planning and Building Healthier Organizations accreditation process
* Represents the Centre on external networks, coalitions and partnerships as required
* Post-graduate degree from a recognized university in health, social science, adult education or a related discipline or a combination of an undergraduate degree and significant experience
* A minimum three years experience working with health issues in a community health setting with supervisory or team/project leadership experience
* Health and social services planning experience
* Excellent group facilitation skills and project management skills
* Experience and knowledge of health promotion and education as well as community organizing strategies
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team and with a broad range of community partners
* Demonstrated commitment to community based health
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Salary: $50,000 range
Hours: Includes days with the occasional evening and weekend
Interviews: Will be held the week of September 29, 2003
Deadline for applicants is Wednesday, September 24, at 5:00 p.m.
Debby Yuke, Program Assistant
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
You can email MS Word documents to email@example.com with FAMILY HEALTH MANAGER in the subject line.
South Riverdale Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.