Two Year Contract Position
Reporting to the Director, Research, the Evaluation Specialist undertakes the evaluation of the HSF Research Fund and the initiatives funded under it. Working closely with the Director, Policy Coordination and External Relations, and with other members of the senior management team, the they will provide expertise and support to the national office in the development of performance frameworks for various programs and projects as the organization moves to become a more outcomes-based organization.
The incumbent is responsible for
* developing and implementing the logic model and framework for evaluation for the Heart and Stroke Research Fund
* communicating and coordinating activities with the Research Policy and Planning Advisory Committee and others involved in evaluation (e.g., Canadian Institutes of Health Research, researchers and academic institutions)
* liaising with the communications department and preparing reports, press releases and media information
* Modifying application guidelines to introduce evaluation and performance measurement into the entire research enterprise, as well develops, tests and evaluates the outcomes framework for the Foundation
* Assisting with analysis and reporting of outcomes data.
* Keeping up to date on key trends in evaluation and performance management in similar organizations.
We are seeking an individual with 5 to 7 years experience in evaluation. The incumbent should possess a graduate degree in evaluation studies, in sociology studies or in a related discipline. This job requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and strong negotiation skills. The ability to work in both official languages is a definite asset. Thorough knowledge of the full range of office software products, MS Office 2000, MS Work, Excel, Windows, Electronic Mail, presentation, databases and statistical software. Ability to work constructively in a team environment. Some overnight travel is required.
Salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you are interested and have a desire to work in dynamic organization, please forward your electronic resume along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to thank all candidates who apply. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about the Foundation, please consult our website at http://www.heartandstroke.ca.