We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated volunteer to assist with print- production projects and online information delivery to our constituents on all five continents. This is a part-time and flexible position of 21 hours per week in a rewarding environment. The person must be available during business hours, on an ongoing basis.
You will gain valuable experience in print production processes, Internet research, and the international not-for-profit sector. You will also be making an important contribution to the provision of essential training materials and other resources to small, community-based agencies responding to HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment issues.
* Assist with distribution of electronic materials to the regions, committees, and broad distribution list
* Prepare packages to be sent overseas
* Support the creation of print materials, provide assistance to designers, printers and other contractors
* Assist with sending out information materials whether by phone, e-mail, regular and/or online discussion forums
* Update database regularly and recommend ways to improve its efficiency
* Respond to general inquiries and refer to appropriate sources
* Experience working in an online environment and solid knowledge of web research techniques
* Knowledge of e-mail distribution, MS office, and database software
* Ability to communicate at an international level with consultants, contractors, and general public
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to process, analyze, respond, and repackage information for various target audiences
* Experience and/or interest in the non-profit sector and familiarity with the global AIDS pandemic
* French/Spanish is an asset
* Ability to work independently
* Comfortable working with diverse communities
Please send us your resume with a brief description of your skills and interests to Minta Smart by e-mail at email@example.com or fax at (416) 921-9979. We will be in contact as soon as possible.