The Income Security Advocacy Centre is Seeking a Provincial Organizer.
Funded by Legal Aid Ontario and located in Toronto, the Centre engages in test case litigation, community development, law reform, and public legal education to address systemic income (in)security and the political/economic and social causes of poverty.
The Provincial Organizer will
* support and link low-income and anti-poverty groups and communities
* organize around issues identified by the community and the clinic
pertaining to systemic issues
* assist in developing networking, education and training opportunities for emerging and established social justice, low-income, and anti-poverty groups
* provide leadership and support to external community workers around
issues of income security
* in collaboration with the Research and Policy Analyst, develop and
execute the clinic's communication/media strategy.
* organizing experience in the anti-poverty/social justice context
* demonstrated knowledge of income security programs and issues
* excellent communications skills
* demonstrated public education skills
Salary is dependent on the Clinic Funding Grid.
Apply in confidence by January 30, 2004 to
The Hiring Committee
Income Security Advocacy Centre
425 Adelaide Street West, 5th floor
Toronto, ON M5V 3C1
ISAC is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from members of equity seeking groups. We thank all applicants but will contact only those candidates selected for consideration.
For more information visit http://www.incomesecurity.org.