Contract, duration approximately 9 months
Working within a multidisciplinary team environment, you will provide telephone counseling regarding nutrition to callers as part of the Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention call centre. Your focus will be on providing health promotion information for school-age children, adults, and seniors. You will also interpret the division's services on healthy eating to callers from community groups, workplaces, and agencies.
* Bachelor of Science degree specializing in food and nutrition or equivalent
* completion of an accredited dietetic internship
* current general registration in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
* minimum one year experience in community or public health nutrition
* excellent communication (both verbal and written) and organizational skills
* exceptional customer service orientation
* tact and diplomacy skills necessary to deal with a diverse client base
* computer skills
* knowledge of the services available in the Region of Peel would be an asset
* demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
* access to own transportation and willingness to work some evenings and weekends
This position offers a salary range of $39,346-$53,237 plus benefits.
To pursue this attractive opportunity in an organization that values a supportive and respectful environment, teamwork, effective communication, integrity and quality service, please apply online by visiting our website at http://www.peelregion.ca by March 8, 2004.
The Region of Peel appreciates all responses; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.