As part of its ongoing commitment to assessing the impact of its supports and services, OHPRS is inviting proposals from qualified individuals to conduct a review of the literature documenting the relationship between efforts to build health promotion capacity, enhanced quality of health promotion programs and services and positive outcomes such as improved health status at the individual and community level and reductions in health care and social service costs.
The Ontario Health Promotion Resource System (OHPRS) supports the development of health promotion capacity in Ontario. Funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, the twenty-two member organizations of OHPRS provide services and supports to people and organizations promoting health in Ontario communities. Services provided by OHPRS members include training, consultation, print and electronic resource development, network building, and referrals.
* conduct a search of the relevant literature
* analyze the literature to identify key factors contributing to the relationship between health promotion capacity building and positive outcomes
* produce a written report summarizing the literature review/analysis, including recommendations to guide future work in making the link between health promotion capacity, cost effectiveness, and improved health status at the individual and community level
* present the findings of the literature review and recommendations to OHPRS members
* excellent written skills
* strong research and analytic skills
* strong knowledge/understanding of health promotion
* excellent project and time management abilities
The work will be completed by September 30, 2004.
Approximately $6,000 has been set aside for the project (pending approval).
Proposals should include a workplan for achieving intended deliverables, an estimate of costs, a curriculum vitae, references and two relevant examples of previous work.
Proposals should be submitted electronically (Word, WordPerfect, RTF or PDF only please) to OHPRS at [email protected]. All proposals must be submitted to OHPRS by 5:00 p.m. on Friday April 16, 2004. Proposals received after this date will not be considered.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact
Chair, OHPRS Evaluation and Needs Assessment Committee
Tel: (416) 978-0586