The women's consumer health information websites of Sunnybrook and Women's College Health Sciences Centre--http://www.womenshealthmatters.ca and http://www.femmesensante.ca--are expanding. We are currently seeking a Communications Specialist. This is a great opportunity to work with a dedicated team of women's health experts to increase access to reliable women's health information. The Communications Specialist will build and sustain an audience for the project.
We are also looking for a Project Coordinator and a Health Information Specialist (both positions listed in OHPE 355.0).
Contract position: May 1st, 2004 to March 31, 2005
Possibility of renewal for two years until March 31, 2007
.8 FTE, 4 days per week
The Communications Specialist
* Plans, implements and evaluates the project marketing plan
* Coordinates the development and execution of all promotional campaigns (event coordination, public speaking, advertising) related to the project
* Coordinates the development of Frequently Asked Questions, women's health articles, and responses to health information requests
* Takes responsibility either directly or through direction for the writing, editing, design, production, and distribution of all printed/web-based documents related to the project
* Plans and executes a media strategy, including researching and writing articles and press releases to raise the profile of the project
* Works closely with the Project Coordinator to build and sustain the project
* Scans the internal and external environment to identify communication opportunities and issues
Knowledge and Experience Required
* Knowledge of women's health issues and women's health community
* Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
* Computer literacy--Microsoft Office suite
* Experience developing a communications strategy, preparing press releases, and the implementation of a media relations program
* Excellent attention to detail, and proof reading and editing skills
* Results-oriented individual, able to meet deadlines and work both independently and as a team player
Bachelor's degree or recognized equivalent in Public Relations, Communications or Journalism. Three years practical experience developing and implementing communications and marketing plans.
Please bring a portfolio of written work and desktop publishing examples, such as brochures, newsletters, press releases, to the interview.
Salary Range: $50,000 per annum, pro-rated for 4 days per week
Sunnybrook and Women's College Health Sciences Centre is an academic centre of excellence that in partnership with its communities and fully affiliated with the University of Toronto, ensures a full range of high quality, values-based, patient-centred services and is a leader in women's health.
Please submit resumes to
Women's Health Matters Project Positions
Sunnybrook and Women's College Health Sciences Centre
#908-790 Bay Street
Toronto, ON M5G 1N8
or by email to [email protected]
Deadline for submissions: April 12, 2004