The women's consumer health information websites of Sunnybrook and Women's College Health Sciences Centre--http://www.womenshealthmatters.ca and http://www.femmesensante.ca--are expanding. We are currently seeking a Project Coordinator. This is a great opportunity to work with a dedicated team of women's health experts to increase access to reliable women's health information. The Project Coordinator is responsible for the overall coordination of the project and plays a lead role in building the project network.
We are also looking for a Communications Specialist and a Health Information Specialist (both positions listed in OHPE 355.0).
Contract position: May 1st, 2004 to March 31, 2005.
Possibility of renewal for two years until March 31,
.8 Full-time Equivalent, 4 days per week
The Project Coordinator
* Leads the implementation and development of the annual work plan and the evaluation of all elements of the project ensuring that the project goals are met
* Identifies priority operational issues related to the smooth operation of the project
* Identifies and implements joint organization activities associated with the project
* Coordinates and holds meetings with women's health organizations
* Establishes and maintains relationships with diverse women's health communities
* Develops and manages relationships with the Project Advisory Group and other women's health organizations
* Meets reporting requirements according to established guidelines
Knowledge and Experience Required
* Excellent networking skills and demonstrated ability to develop collaborative relationships with different organizations and levels of governments
* Demonstrated project coordination experience - ability to manage workplans and budgets
* Success in building relationships with diverse women's health communities
* Excellent communication and creative problem-solving skills and the ability to work both independently and as an integral member of a team
* Thorough understanding of health promotion and community development principles
* Good working knowledge of database and Internet technology
* Self-starter; tact, diplomacy and maturity essential; excellent organizational skills
* Knowledge, understanding and experience working with women's health isaues
Master's level degree in health or social research or related field (health promotion, health education, adult education) or equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of three years experience in project coordination.
Salary Range: $56,000 per annum, pro-rated for 4 days per week.
Sunnybrook and Women's College Health Sciences Centre is an academic centre of excellence that in partnership with its communities and fully affiliated with the University of Toronto, ensures a full range of high quality, values-based, patient-centred services and is a leader in women's health.
Please submit resumes to
Women's Health Matters project positions
Sunnybrook and Women's College Health Sciences Centre
#908-790 Bay Street
Toronto, ON M5G 1N8
or by email to [email protected]
Deadline for submissions: April 12, 2004