The Region of Peel, comprised of Mississauga, Brampton, and Caledon, is a dynamic blend of urban, industrial, and residential areas. We are one of Ontario's fastest growing municipalities, delivering a wide range of municipal services to over 1,000,000 residents and a thriving business community.
If you are a forward thinker seeking challenges with an organization that values a supportive and respectful environment, teamwork, effective communication, integrity, and quality service, consider a Health Promotion opportunity with Peel Health.
Early Child Development Initiatives - Job # 04-90
On this team your program foci will include violence against pregnant women and neurodevelopment of children. This includes playing a critical role in planning an evaluation of a physician outreach strategy as well as developing and maintaining data collection and evaluation processes with Violence Against Woman agencies that receive referrals from Peel Health. In addition, you will provide recommendations based on the analysis of data and results related to program planning for both initiatives.
This position requires you to be responsible for data analysis, evaluation, policy development, and a social marketing campaign. You will also provide consultation to staff and community members regarding health promotion theories and best practices as well as develop education and health promotion materials to meet program objectives.
Success for the position requires
* a university degree in Health Promotion or related health field combined with related experience in program development, implementation, and evaluation development
* a well developed knowledge of key theoretical models of health education and health promotion
* strong analytical skills to interpret and apply data
* excellent social marketing and public relations skills to effectively promote key program messages
* strong skills in MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Outlook
* access to own transportation and a willingness to work some evenings and weekends
The position offers a salary range of $45,263-$61,239 plus comprehensive benefits.
Please apply online http://www.peelregion.ca indicating the Job # you are applying for by April 16, 2004.
The Region of Peel appreciates all responses, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.