The Region of Peel currently is currently recruiting for a Public Health Dietitian. Working within a multidisciplinary team environment, you will provide telephone counseling regarding nutrition to callers as part of the Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention call centre. Your focus will be on providing health promotion information for school-age children, adults and seniors.
Contract Duration: Approximately 9 months
* Bachelor of Science Degree specializing in food and nutrition or equivalent
* completion of an accredited dietetic internship
* current general registration in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
* minimum one year experience in community or public health nutrition
* excellent communications (both verbal and written) and organizational skills
* exceptional customer service orientation, tact and diplomacy skills necessary to deal with a diverse client base
* computer skills
* knowledge of the services available in the Region of Peel would be an asset
* demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
* access to own transportation and willingness to work some evenings and weekends
The work location is 9445 Airport Road, Brampton.
The salary range for this position is $39,346-$53,237, plus benefits.
To pursue this opportunity please apply online, quoting File#04-54, by April 30, 2004.
You can apply on line via Workopolis or visit us at http://www.region.peel.on.ca, click on Employment and then Current Job Listings.