The Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit has a challenging opportunity available for a Public Health Dietitian. You will work as a valued member of an interdisciplinary team in the community. We need your diverse skills
* to provide nutrition consultation to parents/caregivers within the Healthy Babies, Healthy Children program through telephone consultation and home visiting
* to provide nutrition consultation to the Healthy Babies, Healthy Children team of health professionals
* to research, interpret, and convey current scientific information regarding prenatal, infant, and preschool nutrition issues to caregivers and health professionals
* to provide relevant community programs and services: plan, implement, and evaluate nutrition education presentations and workshops for health, educational, and social-service professionals, community groups, etc.
Reports to Program Coordinator, Population Health
Employee Group: CUPE 4700
Status: Permanent Part Time (17.5 hours/week)
Salary $26.895 ($1 less per hour for 6 months)
Knowlege and Skills
* Must be a registered member in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario (with education requirements as outlined by the College).
* More than one year, up to and including two years of related experience, preferably in community nutrition programs (health & nutrition promotion, community development, program planning, implementation and evaluation)
* Or equivalent to the above
* Sound knowledge of health and nutrition assessment, promotion, disease prevention, health behaviour, advocacy, and policy development
* Proven communication skills (both written and oral)
* Proven interpersonal skills
* Excellent computer skills as they related to corporate-standard software (Microsoft Office)
* Ability to operate general office equipment, including audio/visual equipment
* A valid Ontario Driver's license as travel is a requirement of this position
* A current criminal reference check
Note: Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume in confidence to the Human Resources / Staff Development Department by 4:30 pm. on the last day of the posting.
Thank you for you interest in this position.
Closing: April 30, 2004
Human Resources & Staff Development
21 Lynnwood Avenue
Simcoe, Ontario N3Y 2V7
Tel: (519) 428-9711
Fax: (519) 426-9876
Only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: As per current legislation, if it is determined that those employees with priority placement status are suitable for this job, before a selection decision has been made, this competition may be cancelled.