This is an exciting time to join the Community and Neighbourhood Services Department, Public Health Division in the City of Toronto, and make your contribution in the following key role: Public Health Dietitian.
* Reporting to the Manager, Healthy Lifestyles, the employee will participate as a member of an interdisciplinary team in delivering the assigned portion of the Healthy Lifestyles Program
* Plans, develops, delivers, and evaluates community-based nutrition education projects and workshops' supports community initiated food and nutrition programs and selects nutrition education resources and counselling materials
* Consults with and, in select populations, screens, assesses nutritional needs, and develops plans for and counsels clients and families on sound food and nutrition practices
* Establishes and maintains liaisons with community groups through project and committee work relevant to the nutritional needs of the community and advocates for programs and policy changes as needed
* Provides training, guidance and support to new staff, lay workers ,and volunteers to enhance the delivery of food/nutrition programs
* Works with students providing hands on learning experiences
View the full posting, including qualifications and submission guidelines, at http://www.ohpe.ca/ebulletin/Job.cfm?ID=1236&ROWNUMBER=1&TIME=CURRENT.
File Reference #: X4CNS5268
1. Baccalaureate degree in foods and nutrition or equivalent program from a recognized university
2. Completion of an accredited dietetic internship (concentration D preferred) or equivalent experience
3. Registration by the College of Dietitians of Ontario
4. Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
5. Excellent skills in counselling, group facilitation, education and community development
6. Experience working with a variety of groups in a culturally diverse community
7. Capability of assuming responsibility with a minimum of supervision, and ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
This position involves travel to various sites within the assigned regions. In some locations, access to a vehicle is required.
Job Status: Temporary (Approximately one year)
For more information regarding Public Health, please visit our website: http:/www.toronto.ca/health/index.htm.
To apply for this position, please send us a resume and cover letter, quoting File #X4CNS5268, using one of the following methods:
Fax: (416) 397-9818 or
Email [email protected] or
Mail to Employment Services, Human Resources, City of Toronto, Metro Hall, 55 John Street, 5th Floor, Toronto, ON M5V 3C6
Applications must be received by May 4, 2004.
Salary: $29.12-$32.58 per hour (35 hours per week)
Committed to employment equity, the City of Toronto encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.