The Region of Peel's Health Department, Communicable Disease Division, is looking for a Health Analyst to join their team. Responsibilities include providing accurate, timely health data and analysis that supports program planning, evaluation, and monitoring of communicable disease programs; using software applications and database management techniques to collect, organize, and clean case investigation data and routine surveillance data collected by the division; amd providing data in standardized formats and customized reports to meet the needs of communicable disease programs.
* University degree in a health science field with particular emphasis on statistics, epidemiology, and research methodology combined with 1 to 3 years related experience in managing health data bases, statistical records and analysis
* Knowledge of the Mandatory Program and Services Guidelines
* Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
* Strong analytical skills to interpret data and write reports
* Knowledge of MS Office products, SPSS, Crystal Reports or other epidemiological tools
* Access to own transportation
* Willingness to work some evenings and weekends
The Region of Peel, comprised of Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon, is a dynamic blend of urban, industrial and residential areas. We are one of Ontario's fastest growing municipalities, delivering a wide range of municipal services to over 1,000,000 residents and a thriving business community.
This position offers a salary range of $45,263 - $61,239 + benefits.
To pursue this attractive opportunity in an organization that values a supportive and respectful environment, teamwork, effective communication, integrity and quality service, please apply online by May 21, 2004, at http://www.peelregion.ca, and click on Employment, Current Job Listings and Health Analyst (04-66).
The Region of Peel appreciates all responses; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.