Responsible for managing the CHN diabetes prevention project and will lead the CHN team, build the project network and ensure all financial requirements are in place and reported in a timely fashion.
* Oversee project management, providing leadership and strategic direction.
* Build a national diabetes prevention network of key stakeholders in diabetes prevention.
* Oversee the development of a communications project plan and marketing strategy.
* Develop project protocols, policies and procedures.
* Establish/revise project budget and monitor/report on expenditures.
* Ensure that reporting requirements are met.
* Excellent networking skills
* Strong communication and problem-solving skills
* Thorough understanding and experience in health promotion and diabetes
* French fluency preferred
* Strong leadership, management and strategic thinking skills
* Master's level degree in BA, Marketing, health promotion or social marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Minimum of three years experience in project management
* Solid financial/budgeting experience
* Experience in developing collaborative relationships with partner organizations
* Experience in a national charitable organization preferred
Please apply in writing by May 28, 2004 to
Human Resources Canadian Diabetes Association
Fax: (416) 408-7110