The Information Research Specialist will build and sustain a diabetes resource collection for the Canadian Health Network Diabetes Affiliate project.
* Conduct periodic diabetes information needs assessments and environmental scans of available diabetes information and resources.
* Catalogue available potential resources within the Canadian Diabetes Association network and within Canadian Health Network Diabetes network.
* Facilitate and coordinate a process for the review of existing diabetes content.
* Develop a collection development and quality assurance process.
* Review records to ensure currency, accuracy and consistency with collection development and quality assurance process.
* Catalogue, describe and enter new resources into the project content management system.
* Assist with development and implementation of outreach strategies for collecting new resources.
* Excellent communications skills
* Computer literacy
* Knowledge of diabetes information and resources
* Familiarity with cataloguing and classification of health topics
* Experience writing abstracts or summaries
* French fluency preferred
* Degree/Diploma in Library Science
* Experience selecting and evaluating health information resources.
* Minimum one year working in a web environment
Please apply in writing by May 28, 2004 to
Human Resources Canadian Diabetes Association
Fax: (416) 408-7110